Membership to the Detroit Society of Genealogical Research allows us to continue to offer resources to Members and Non-Members alike. Your support is invaluable to maintaining our unique history for future generations.
- Members enjoy discounts for events and in our bookstore.
- Members enjoy the Exclusive Resources Section of the website, where new resources are continually added.
- Members enjoy online access to ALL issues of the DSGR Magazine dating back to 1938.
- Members enjoy knowing they are providing a vital service to future generations.
- Click Here to print a paper membership application / renewal to be mailed with your check as payment.
- To either renew your membership or submit a new membership online, go the DSGR Store and select the appropriate option. (If you are a member seeking to renew your membership, be sure to log into your DSGR Account before you go to the DSGR Store)
Please review the options and then use the one that works best for you. If you are a current member and want to renew by mail, you can use the membership application - be sure to check RENEWAL and to include your member number.
The Detroit Society for Genealogical Research, Inc. is a 501C3 corporation which means that donations to us are deamed a charitable contribution on your income tax return. For both the Contributing and Sustaining membership options, the amount in excess of the standard $20.00 membership fee is tax deductible.
- Active (individual) *$25.00 per year
- Institutional - US *$25.00 per year
- Contributing *$30.00 per year *$5.00 donation to DSGR operating expense.
- Sustaining * $35.00 per year *$10.00 contribution to DSGR Operating expense.
- Canadian - Digital Magazine Only *$25.00 per year
- Canadian - Paper Copy of Magazine *$35.00 (Canadian Institutional Classify as Canada Paper Copy Magazine)
- Overseas - Digital Magazine Only *$25.00 per year
- Overseas - Paper Copy of Magazine *$40.00
Memberships may be paid in 1 year, 2 year, or 3 year increments.
If you submitted a membership application or membership renewal via the US Postal Service, you will receive your confirmation as soon as it has been processed. This may take up to 3 weeks depending on the timing of your submission and the availability of our volunteers.
Submissions using PayPal will be confirmed immediately with new members receiving their log on information via E-Mail within 5 business days from the time submitted. Welcome information and membership numbers for new members will be included in this confirmation.