Membership to the Detroit Society of Genealogical Research allows us to continue to offer resources to Members and Non-Members alike. Your support is invaluable to maintaining our unique history for future generations.
- Members enjoy discounts for events and in our bookstore.
- Members enjoy the Exclusive Resources Section of the website, where new resources are continually added.
- Members enjoy online access to ALL issues of the DSGR Magazine dating back to 1938.
- Members enjoy knowing they are providing a vital service to future generations.
- Click Here to print a paper membership application / renewal to be mailed with your check as payment.
- Click Here to submit a new member application and pay via PayPal
- Click Here to renew a current membership and pay via PayPal
Please review the options and then use the one that works best for you. If you are a current member and want to renew by mail, you can use the membership application - be sure to check RENEWAL and to include your member number.
The Detroit Society for Genealogical Research, Inc. is a 501C3 corporation which means that donations to us are deamed a charitable contribution on your income tax return. For both the Contributing and Sustaining membership options, the amount in excess of the standard $20.00 membership fee is tax deductible.
Active (individual) $20.00 per year
Two members, one family (one magazine) $22.00 per year
Contributing * $25.00 per year
* $5.00 donation to DSGR operating expense.
Sustaining * $30.00 per year
* $10.00 contribution to DSGR Operating expense.
Canadian *$30.00 per year
Overseas *$35.00 per year
Memberships may be paid in 1 year, 2 year, or 3 year increments.
If you submitted a membership application or membership renewal via the US Postal Service, you will receive your confirmation as soon as it has been processed. This may take up to 3 weeks depending on the timing of your submission and the availability of our volunteers.
Submissions using PayPal will be confirmed via E-Mail within 5 business days from the time submitted. Welcome information and membership numbers for new members will be included in this confirmation.