Genealogist Use Indexes
Indexes are used to zero in on the resource that might have that illusive piece of information that you have been beating your head against a brick wall to find. Rather than go though volumes of research materials, I quick read of a precise index will give you the necessary information to take the next step and actually go through the material with a road map as to where the information to which you are interested is located.
DSGR Magazine Index
There are appoximately 50 pages per issue during the year (no 1, 2, and 3). The fourth issue will start around page 150, but will be longer since it contains the index -- the pages to which the following point you.
Detroit Society for Genealogical Research Magazine, Volume 74 (2010-2011).
Detroit Society for Genealogical Research Magazine, Volume 75 (2011-2012)
Detroit Society for Genealogical Research Magazine, Volume 76 (2012-2013)
All Name Index - Multi Volume
This is a cumulative full-name index merging volumes 1- 31 and 51-76. It includes 497,522 Citations.
1. To use the index click on the above link.
2. Once you are on the site, click on the letter of the alphabet that is the first letter of your ancestor's surname.
3. Review the ranges of names that are shown.
4. Click on the range in which your ancestor would fall.
5. The results page will show all surnames in that range.
6. Scroll down until you find the one you are looking for.
7. The entry will have surname followed by first name.
8. The source information is the DSGR Magazine Volume:Page Number in which the name is mentioned
The DSGR Magazine index is in PDF format and can be searched in the normal manner. Each entry in this catagory will only provide information in the four issues contained in that volume. Click on the hyperlink in the line item description to access the particular volume's index you wish to search.
The All Name Multi-Volume index is a database that is accessed via alphabetic search criteria.